NOT MOVING



It happened yesterday.

I had just parked my car in a parking lot and out of the corner of my eye I noticed movement. The kind you see when your car is moving. I panicked.

I looked around frantically trying to make sense of what was happening. After finding something stationary, a light pole, I realized that I was not moving. The car next to me was pulling out as I was parking.

Insert sigh of relief.............. here.

If we can be honest, sometimes, life sucks. We get news of sickness, job loss, death, etc, and we feel like our world is moving, spinning out of control.

In these moments it is natural to panic. In these moments we search frantically in attempt to make sense of the chaos. In these moments, it is essential that we find something stationary, something not moving, to focus on.

The guy who wrote Hebrews says it this way:

...fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. (you can find that in Hebrews 12:2 if you want to look it up in your Bible).

In those times that life is moving fast and we are in freak out mode, we will only make sense of the craziness by focusing on who Jesus is. He died for us. He defeated death for us. He did for us what we could not do for ourselves. He achieved victory for us and He is there for us. He has promised to never leave us.

When friends leave. When betrayal comes. When we don't feel loved or appreciated. God is not moving.

Let's commit to looking to Jesus and not our circumstances. What we go through does not change who He is. He ain't going anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment