Silver Linings part 1

 
"Every cloud has a silver lining".  Generally this phrase is tossed around as someone is facing a difficult circumstance or trying season in life.

The truth contained in this little phrase is transforming if we choose to look for those "silver linings".  

As I served in Iraq I dealt with a man in a leadership position over me.  He did not like me.  I ended up losing rank.  

One night at dinner one of my soldiers was giving me a hard time about it.  I looked up & said, "it's ok.  I still have a hot wife & a cute kid & they don't care what rank is on my chest".  

As I continued eating this soldier responded, "D*** it Clark!  How do you ALWAYS do that?!".  "What?", I asked.  He said, "No matter what happens you always find a silver lining!".  

As I reflected on that chow time conversation I thought of something profound.

Everyone has a big, grey cloud they COULD focus.  

The folks that make the greatest difference & have the biggest impact in THIS life are those who choose to focus on the silver lining.

Look for part 2 sometime this week.  Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment