9 years


I want to take a second to reflect on an anniversary from last week.  I didn't forget about it.  Last week was just a very busy, stressful, emotional week.

On August 8, 2004, I accepted a call on my life into ministry.  I was going into my junior year of high school.  I didn't know what it would look like or how the story would unfold.
I remember walking with my aunt in her flower garden .  We discussed life, career plans, & other stuff.  It was that evening that I surrendered all of my plans to God. I remember praying & saying, "God, I don't know what will happen tomorrow.  Whatever does happen, I want you to use me to point to you."

Over the past 9 years I have made mistakes.  Big, small, repetitive.  I have seen God do great things & He has used me in ways I never dreamed.  He has taught me, & loved me, & counseled me. It's been a great start of a lifetime dedicated to serving Him.

I'm not sure what the future holds or what will happen tomorrow.  All I know is I want to be used to point people to Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment