WHO WILL TELL THEM

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
Romans 10:14

Yesterday afternoon I had to run a few errands.  As I got to the bank, an elderly woman with a cane had gotten to the door just ahead of me.  She was struggling to open the door.

I hurried to hold it and I opened the second door just inside for her as well.  She expressed her thanks and we went on about our banking business.

As I was at the counter, this lady was leaving and I watched her struggle as I was in the middle of what I was doing (in hindsight, I really wish I would have stopped and helped her with those heavy doors).

With my bank errand finished, I walked outside.  The sweet older woman was still walking to her car, tired from struggling with those heavy double doors.

I stopped her and made sure she knew about the handicap access button just outside the door and I let her know there were two inside at each door.  She had no idea they were even there!

Had she only known about the button, she would not have struggled so much.

As I got in my car to go to my next stop, I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me as I had the thought, "Who's gonna tell them?".

Life can be really hard.  People are struggling.  Who's gonna tell them they don't have to struggle so hard?

Walking with Jesus, we are not promised an easy life free from hardship or painful circumstances.  We are promised a Helper, Comforter, Friend, and so much more.  Someone who carries our burdens and loves us through it all (even when our pain is out own fault).

Be reminded.  We have help in the struggle.  That same help is available to so many others that we encounter in our day to day lives.

Are we gonna tell them?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28



No comments:

Post a Comment