A RECKLESS LOVE--- VERSE 2

******WRITER'S NOTE******
Life has had my attention in various other places so it's been a while since my last post. This is a continuation of a series of posts about the song RECKLESS LOVE.
As I write this, it is Thanksgiving 2018. We all have so much to be thankful for. Remember, Who we are thankful to is more important that what we are thankful for. It is only in and through Jesus that anything else in life has any true value or significance worth our gratitude. I'm thankful for each of you. Happy Thanksgiving!

When I was Your foe, still Your love fought for me
You have been so, so good to me
When I felt no worth, You paid it all for me
You have been so, so kind to me


Even when we were "by nature objects of wrath" (see Ephesians 2:1-5), God has loved us with a love that knows no condition. When He would have been completely justified in turning from us, He has turned to us and made a way for us to be made right with Him. When He had every reason to consider us His enemies and to fight us, He considered us His beloved and fought FOR us.

His goodness and kindness on full display as he chose not to love us because of who we are, but rather, in spite of who we are.

As life happens and we make choices (and inevitably, mistakes), it can be easy to question our worth. In light of the great love that God shows us, I would ask you to consider this......

The worth of something is determined by the price someone is willing to pay for it.

We are reminded in scripture that we were "bought at a price" (1 Corinthians 6:20). Look at the price that was paid! God in the flesh on a cross for our sin.

A high price was paid for you dear friends. In those moments when you are tempted to question your worth, consider the price that was paid for you.

Jesus loves you. He loves you so much. He thought you were to die for. So much so, that He did.

No comments:

Post a Comment