A Reckless Love--- verse 1

In my last post, I introduced what will be a series of posts about the song Reckless Love. I aim to share a weekly post over the next month or so and share what is on my heart pertaining to each part of the song. With that in mind, the following are a few of my thoughts on [Verse 1], which says:

Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so, so kind to me

From the beginning, when God created man, He has desired relationship with us. Before we could ever sing Him a song, or write Him a poem or verse, or paint, dance, or any other creative way to express our praise for and love of Him, the Creator of creativity was delighted with us.

The Giver of life breathed life into each of us. Before we could ever impress him with any kind of effort.

Our lives are to be lived in response to His great goodness and kindness towards us. After all, it is His kindness that leads us to repentance. Without which, we have no access. We have no relationship. We are on our own and dead in our sins. We stand condemned.

As we journey through life with Jesus, I truly believe that we are to share that kindness and goodness with those we meet along the way. He pours into us and we are to spill out into our lives and helping, healing, serving, and loving our world. His indwelling Spirit leading us and responding with obedience in gratitude for all He is to us and all He has done for us.

Inhaling His grace. Exhaling His praise.

This is how we change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment