get real

We are living in a society of impostors. Everybody everywhere is pretending to be someone or something they are not.

I believe much of this is due to how consumed we are by social media.

It's easy to show people the stuff we want them to see. It's just as easy to hide those things we don't want folks to see. Sorta like sweeping stuff under the rug. It's all still there. We just hide it and pretend it is not.

I'm not a fan of that.

I know how messed up I am. I know how messed up my friends are. The only people we really fool are those who don't really know us that well.

Each of us were created uniquely and specifically by God. We all have different talents and abilities. We all have different hangups and shortcomings.

Let's embrace who we are and where we are in life. God is not interested in the fake version of me and He is not interested in the fake version of you. He can't use that.

The masquerade ends one person at a time, as we choose to be real.

I'm taking off the mask. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment